Skilled. Results-Driven. Efficient.
William E. Chipman Jr.
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Widener University School of Law
- J.D. – 1999, cum laude
- Ursinus College
- B.S. – 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
Bill Chipman is a bankruptcy and restructuring practitioner with significant experience representing debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, asset purchasers, debtor-in-possession lenders, secured and unsecured creditors, and plaintiffs and defendants in a broad spectrum of bankruptcy related litigation in large Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases pending in various jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Prior to founding Chipman Brown Cicero & Cole, LLP, Bill helped establish the Delaware office of Greenberg Traurig LLP and was a partner in Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP’s Delaware office.
Bill is also a Certified Public Accountant who has extensive business-related accounting experience.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chambers & Partners USA
- Martindale Hubbell "AV Preeminent" Rated
- Listed, Delaware Super Lawyers
- Global M&A Network Top 100 Restructuring Professionals "Distinction in Dealmaking", 2022 to Present
Classes & Seminars
- Intercreditor Agreements and Bankruptcy Issues, Capital Roundtable Pre-Conference Workshop, 09/19/2006
- Commercial Real Estate Financing in Delaware, Lorman Educational Services seminar, 09/27/2005
- Bankruptcy in Delaware, Lorman Educational Services seminar, 06/24/2005
Representation of Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. and Ferrellgas Partners Finance Corp., a leading distributor of propane and related equipment and supplies to customers in the United States, in their prepackaged bankruptcy cases.
Representation of Juno USA, LP, et al., the third largest ride-hailing service in New York City in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Representation of Rudy’s Barbershop Holdings, LLC, et al., a chain of 25 barbershops in five major cities, including Seattle, Los Angeles, Portland, Atlanta and New York City in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Representation of News-Gazette, Inc. et al., a: (i) publisher of five weekly newspapers, advertising-oriented shopper products and magazines; and (ii) operator of radio stations, in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Representation of Cedar Haven Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Cedar Haven Healthcare Center a 324 bed licensed skilled nursing facility located in Lebanon, Pennsylvania in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Representation of SEGA Biofuels, LLC an industrial wood pellet manufacturing and distribution company located in Nahunta, Georgia in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.