Skilled. Results-Driven. Efficient.
Mark D. Olivere
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Widener University School of Law
- J.D. – 2002, cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Deans Honors List
- Donald E. Pease Best Student Article Award
- 2001-2002 Honorable Helen S. Balick Award For Excellence in Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights
- University of Delaware
- B.A. – 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
Mark Olivere is a member of the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group where he advises clients in a variety of insolvency matters including out-of-court workouts, chapter 7 and chapter 11 filings, bankruptcy asset sales and purchases, claims filing and prosecution, and bankruptcy litigation. Mark has represented clients from a variety of different business segments, including automotive, healthcare, media, retail, and manufacturing.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Superior Court of Delaware (Law Clerk)
- Chambers of Judge William C. Carpenter, Jr.
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals (Judicial Extern)
- Chambers of Judge Thomas L. Ambro
- Deepening Insolvency: Coming to a Court Near You?, co-author, Morris Anderson & Associates Ltd. Renaissance Newsletter, Second Quarter, 2005, reprinted in the ABA Bankruptcy Litigation Newsletter of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Committee, Vol. 12, No. 02, Summer, 2005
- Author, Comment, M.B. Sturgis and the NLRB’s Reevaluation of the Contingent Employee’s Ability to Unionize: Ramifications and Recommendations for the User Employer, 27 Del. J. Corp. L. 151
Company-side Experience Includes:
- Representation of Juno USA, LP, et al., the third largest ride-hailing service in New York City in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of Rudy’s Barbershop Holdings, LLC, et al., a chain of 25 barbershops in five major cities, including Seattle, Los Angeles, Portland, Atlanta and New York City in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of News-Gazette, Inc. et al., a: (i) publisher of five weekly newspapers, advertising-oriented shopper products and magazines; and (ii) operator of radio stations, in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of Cedar Haven Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Cedar Haven Healthcare Center a 324 bed licensed skilled nursing facility located in Lebanon, Pennsylvania in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Representation of SEGA Biofuels, LLC an industrial wood pellet manufacturing and distribution company located in Nahunta, Georgia in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Creditor-side Experience Includes:
- Counsel for secured and unsecured creditors and consignment vendors in The Sports Authority (TSA Stores, Inc.) Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel for various landlords in the GNC Holdings, Inc., Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel for the Enforcement Section of the Massachusetts Securities Division of the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in an avoidance action by the RCS Creditor Trust.
- Counsel for the Chicago Newspaper Publishers Drivers’ Union Pension Fund In the Source Home Entertainment, LLC Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel for asset purchaser in the Earth Fare, Inc. Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.