Skilled. Results-Driven. Efficient.
Robert A. Weber
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- J.D. – 1991
- West Virginia University
- B.A. – 1988
Professional Activities & Honors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (Bankruptcy and Creditors Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation-Bankruptcy)
- “Recent Rulings Underscore Importance of Careful Drafting of Make- Whole Payment Provisions,” Westlaw Journal, June 30, 2016
- “Bankruptcy Court Tightens Intentional Fraudulent Transfer Pleading Requirements,” Westlaw Next Practitioner Insights, April 4, 2016
- “Third Circuit Addresses Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Deepening Insolvency Claims Under Pennsylvania Law,” Federal Bar Association’s Sidebar Newsletter, Spring 2012
PPL Corporation in litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery concerning its 2015 spinoff of Talen Energy Corp.
Equity holders in auction-related bankruptcy litigation in the Southern District of New York
Peter Thiel and Thiel Capital in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Gawker Media.
Jansan Acquisition in its acquisition of assets from Katy Industries, named The M&A Advisor’s 2017 Distressed M&A Deal of the Year ($50M to $100M), and in subsequent litigation
The administrator of Nortel Networks S.A. (aka Nortel France), in appellate litigation that resulted in a favorable settlement share of the $7.3 billion of asset-sale proceeds in the Nortel bankruptcy cases, named The American Lawyer’s 2017 Grand Prize for Disputes.
Perfumania in its contested prepackaged Chapter 11 case in Delaware.
SunEdison in bankruptcy deal litigation in the Southern District of New York relating to the $130 million sale of its solar materials business, and in appeals relating to its confirmed Chapter 11 plan and related financing transactions.
A Fortune 50 company in bankruptcy fraudulent transfer litigation in Delaware involving a former subsidiary.
The independent director of Samson Resources in its Chapter 11 case in Delaware.
Ryckman Creek Resources in its Chapter 11 case in Delaware.
The liquidators in the Sports Authority Chapter 11 case.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc., Refco, Inc., Aurora Foods Inc., SLI, Inc., Lenox Health Care, Interstate Bakeries and Vlasic Foods International in their Chapter 11 cases.
*Note: Some of the matters listed were handled by our lawyers prior to joining Chipman Brown Cicero & Cole, LLP