Complex Commercial And Corporate Litigation
Workable strategies and practical solutions – or the lack thereof – can make or break a corporation when litigation becomes a threat. Ideally, a company should prevent litigation through ongoing legal counsel and proactive analysis of risk factors.
Despite precautions, legal entanglements may ultimately require resolution through litigation or arbitration. When a commercial dispute is imminent, it is important to have the support of a truly experienced and agile legal team.
At Chipman Brown Cicero & Cole, LLP, our lawyers often serve as lead counsel in litigation, including trials and appeals, as well as is alternative dispute resolution proceedings. We pride ourselves on our many successes in sophisticated commercial litigation, and corporate and chancery litigation.
Available For All Varieties Of Commercial And Corporate Litigation
At any given time, our lawyers are involved in high-stakes, fast-moving litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery, all other state and federal courts in Delaware, and courts throughout New York and nationwide.
We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of legal controversies. Our in-depth understanding of both sides of a dispute is an asset to our clients, regardless of their roles in a conflict.
Our litigation experience includes a full array of commercial and corporate litigation matters, such as:
- Breach of fiduciary duty by directors and officers
- Post-transaction disputes associated with mergers and acquisitions
- Business valuation
- Business divorce
- Business torts
- Noncompete and nonsolicitation disputes
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Statutory violations under the Delaware General Corporation Law or applicable alternative entity law
- Intellectual Property disputes
- Disputes arising under various financial instruments
- Commercial contract disputes